10 Reasons to love the South
In my case, specifically, South Carolina. Post your own reasons, too.
- Waffle House & the fact that directions are given in regards to the proximity to a Waffle House
- Simply add Bless your heart or Isn’t that precious immediately prior to or after an insult and you absolve yourself of any offense. (bet it would have worked for Imus)
- School vouchers are seriously on the table.
- Easter Egg Hunt is called, shockingly, an Easter Egg Hunt and not a Spring Celebration with Bunny as it was called in my hometown in NJ.
- Bar owners sued over the smoking ban in downtown Greenville. And won.
- Bars outside of city limits post signs saying “We accommodate smokers”.
- Women dress up, coif and put on full make-up to do their grocery shopping. Vindication!
- The Civil War is called The War of Yankee Aggression.
- The right to bear arms is a given.
- I get to call my husband “my baby daddy”. Come to think of it, he isn’t amused. Perhaps I should stop that. …………..nah.